Recently, the Chamber of Commerce 2021 President, Mr. Matt Ford spearheaded a brand new program called “Operation Beautification.”
Operation Beautification is the newest cleanup program to help combat litter throughout our local community.
Always looking for outside-the-box solutions to solve complex issues, Operation Beautification allowed the Chamber to partner with the Pulaski County Solid Waste Department and their “Litter Abatement Program” to offer paid cleanup opportunities to local school clubs and civic minded organizations.
The results are in ……. and Operation Beautification was a huge success. Here are the totals from our first year of this program:
* Total Participating Organizations (16)
* Total Number of Miles Worked (54)
* Total Number of Volunteers (284)
* Total Number of Bags of Trash Collected (536)
A special thanks to Mr. Danny Masten and the Pulaski Co. Solid Waste Department for partnering with the Chamber to make this program a realty. Also, a big thanks’ to East Ky PRIDE & SPEDA for working to make our community a much cleaner place.
Also, a huge thank you to our sponsor businesses who stepped up to help pay for this program:
* Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital
* Hinkle Contracting
* Ford Brothers Auctioneers
* Somerset Hardwood Flooring
* South Kentucky RECC
* Barry Turner & Turner Realty Group