2020 General Election Information
For anyone planning on voting in the November 3rd General Election, the Somerset-Pulaski County Chamber of Commerce would like to make sure you have all of the necessary information.
As you know, voting this year is a bit different than in years past.
Below is some election information straight from the County Clerk’s Office.
In-Person Voting Info
(1) The date of the General Election will be Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
(2) On election day, there will only be 10 Super Precincts where in-person voting can be done.
Locations of Super Precincts are:
1. Science Hill Elementary gymnasium
2. Nancy Elementary gymnasium
3. Old Shopville gymnasium
4. Southern Middle School gymnasium
5. Southwestern High School
6. Hal Rogers Regional Fire Training Center
7. Senior Citizens Center at Eubank
8. Rocky Hollow Recreational Center in the gymnasium.
9. Northern Elementary gymnasium
10. South Kentucky RECC community room (off Parkers Mill Road).
(3) Any registered voter in Pulaski County may go to ANY of the 10 voting stations and vote Election Day. There are no precinct or geographical designations.
(4) The above 10 locations will be the only in-person voting places on Election Day.
(5) All 10 polling stations will be open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Election Day.
Absentee Voting Info
(6) If you plan on voting absentee, things become a bit more confusing.
Please see below:
A. To absentee vote, you will need to request a ballot from the Pulaski County Clerk’s Office at (606) 679-2042.
B. To vote absentee, the voter will need to verify their identity with a date of birth and Social Security number.
C. Ballot envelopes have bar codes for tracking.
D. Election officials will verify each voter’s signature on an absentee ballot envelope matches the voter’s signature of record.
E. The County Clerk’s Office will then mail the voter a ballot which must be marked and returned by November 3rd.
F. Absentee ballots can be either delivered by a voter personally to the county clerk’s office or mailed back with no postage due,
G. There is no requirement for an excuse for absentee voting as has been the case in previous elections.
H. The deadline to request an absentee ballot for the November 3rd General Election is Friday, October 9th.
Early Voting Info
(7) Early in-person voting will begin on Tuesday, October 13th, and continue through November 2 will be at Hal Rogers Fire Training Center and South Kentucky RECC community room (off Parkers Mill Road).
(8) On Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (Oct. 13-Nov. 2), in-person voting hours at Hal Rogers Regional Fire Training Center and South Kentucky RECC will be from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
(9) On Thursdays (Oct. 15, 22, and 29), in-person voting hours will be from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Hal Rogers Regional Training Center and South Kentucky RECC.
(10) On Saturdays (Oct. 17, 24, and 31) in-person voting hours at Hal Rogers Regional Fire Training Center and South Kentucky RECC will be between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
(11) Drive-through voting will be available at Grace Baptist Church on Saturday, October 24 between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. and at Rocky Hollow Recreational Center on Saturday, October 31 from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
The bottom line …… if you have any questions, please contact the Pulaski County Clerk’s Office at (606) 679-2042 and they will be happy to assist you.