NAMI Kentucky is dedicated to being a strong voice for individuals with mental illnesses and their families. NAMI Kentucky is a state wide organization that works across a broad array of policy and advocacy issues to advocate for effective and timely treatment to help prevent suicides, violence, homelessness, and incarceration.
NAMI Kentucky provides education, support, and advocacy for the well-being of all individuals affected by mental illness.
NAMI Kentucky Vision
Mental health well-being in a society free from stigma.
The following core values guide NAMI Kentucky’s board, staff and volunteers in accomplishing the mission and vision.
- Integrity: We believe NAMI Kentucky should act in an ethical, trustworthy, and transparent manner on a daily basis.
- Confidentiality: We believe in the dignity and the privacy of the individuals and families served by NAMI Kentucky.
- Compassion: We believe in responding with empathy and compassion to the needs of the individuals and families we serve.
- Inclusiveness: We believe in the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals.
- Accountability: We believe it our responsibility to be good stewards in the efficient and effective use of all human, fiscal, and material resources.
- Respect: We believe in respecting the culture and values of the people and families we serve. We emphasize and promote diversity in our ideas, our workforce, and the services/supports provided through NAMI Kentucky.